Saturday 31 December 2011

Little Daughter

 Little Daughter is the most eye it is almost opening book I have ever read. It was written by Zoya Phan a Karen woman from Burma. It tells the hardships of living in Burma under the hardships of the military reign. Zoya Phan is in this picture. When I read this I was amazed how a girl of only 14 was forced to leave her village and flee, risking her life, to Thailand to become a refugee bound by a bamboo fence. It seemed like a different world to the one most of us live. This book showed me harsh reality's that I would always tend to overlook. The suffering many people face was extradordinary. There was one chapter where Zoya returned to her home country to discover the real amount of damage, they came accross a village school,where a poor boy could barely afford to stay. All he needed to pay was 5 thai Baht, that is the equivilant of less that 10p, that was hard to pay. I could relate to this book because Zoya was just your average girl, who was forced to abandon what was home.
Natxx

No comments:

Post a Comment